Monday, September 14, 2009

I got this crazy feeling...

So no more facebook…After being spammed for the last time and receiving complaints from one of my trusted contacts, his blackberry contacts got a phishing link apparently trigged and sent by my facebook account.

I have a very good antivirus software and malware protection as well as also configured all of my web browsers to prevent any phishing or malware attacks. After Facebook “Privacy Revision” in late August I had also configured the privacy settings in facebook to make sure I wasn’t contacted when I was not supposed to.

After receiving that uncomfortable email from my contact and seeing that all these facebook safety precautions weren’t enough, I decided to delete my facebook account permanently, “not before I contact all my friends and let them know” I thought. Then I took the task of going through one by one all of my friends list on facebook, to then after that ultimately decide to only email 88 of the 347 “friends” whom I thought were worthy of notifying I couldn’t be their facebook friend anymore.

To be honest, I will probably miss being "in touch" with all my facebook "friends" on a daily (more like minute-by-minute) basis. It's been almost a week since I deleted my facebook account and I have to say I almost feel like a weight has been loaded off m shoulders.

By the way if you are reading and to this date have not receive any “facebook” news from me, I probably have an outdated email address from you, which means we haven’t been in touch for the last six months or so.

Feel free to leave me a comment on the blog or follow my twitter account

Fredo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ZZZZZZZZZZZ.....QUE HUEVA